Re: Rear calipers w/ E-brake trouble

At 11:45 AM 8/13/99 -0500, Brooke Fairbanks wrote:
>Howdy all, I'm new to the list so be gentle...   ...what's the deal with
>the rear caliper E-brake return lever freezing up?  Is there a fix?  I've
>removed the return spring, soaked pivot point w/ JB-80, and worked the
>lever back & forth to help free it up.  I've also modified the return
>spring to provide more tension to help release the E-brake.  It will
>eventually freeze up over time...

There's really nothing that can be done for them, unfortuneately.  All you
can do is replace them at one of these places that has a lifetime
warranty(there mistake).  I replaced both of mine a couple of months ago
for around $60 a piece and they are lifetime warranty so no more worry
there.  Are you in a northern state?  Seems to happen to us more,
understandably.

John Worden
Old Town, Maine

'98 Dodge Dakota 4x4
'81 Volkswagen Scirocco(Mk1) soon to be 2.0 16V.  The engine is in/
and all electrical is pretty much done.
'69 MGB- in need of total resoration(needs some front fenders too)