Re: Different make wheels on scirocco?

Since I'm guessing that this is for rally application, your ideal
gravel/dirt size on a low-powered (i.e. <150hp), typically geared Scirocco
would be a 14x6. If you've got a lot of power or a 4.25 final drive in in
there, you can go with a 15x6.5. Going to greater than 15" would be
ludicrous -not to mention stupid.
The thing is, that you need some sidewall in there to keep things compliant.
Sciroccos don't exactly have much suspension travel and you can make up for
that in the tire.

I run the stock "GTI" rims with Michelin Pilot rally tires: 175/70/14
(that's an equivalent size description -not what is printed on the tire).

Now, on the other hand, if we're talking about a good snow wheel, I'd hunt
for some 13x5 or even 13x4.5 if you can find them! I think that some old
Hondas came this way...

--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut