Re: Av gas

--- Captnbr@aol.com wrote:
> hello all,
>
> I was wondering if anyone knew about using Av gas in
> cars.  Specifically 100
> LL.
> I am saying this because 100 low lead is a hell of a lot
> cheaper than racing
> fuel.  But will the lead content cause harm to the O2
> sensor or other parts
> of the car even though it is a low amount of lead.

100LL is kinda misleading because there still is a good bit
of lead in it.  (like 4 times as much as 80 octane avgas,
*if* you can find it)  I don't *think* you will hurt
anything by running it since your cat is gutted, but can't
say for sure.  When I used to mow grass at the local
airport I would often use 100LL in the tractor with no ill
effects. :)

===
Daun Yeagley
'79 Scirocco
'81 Rabbit Pickup
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."  - Dave Barry