Re: mono wiper

Benjamin Harder wrote:

> Thanks.....that did the trick!  My wiper now rests in the middle of
> the windshield and still covers both sides....without going off  the
> windshield....and then it stops in the middle!  Perfect!!  I had to
> mess with the linkage position for a while to find the best position
> so that the wiper would still cover the whole windshield, but it
> works now!  I am using the linkage from an '82, so I really don't
> know if this solution will be the same on the MK1 or not....
>
> >Lindsay  Campbell wrote:
> >
> >Hi guys
> >There is a very simply solution to parking the wiper in the middle of the
> >screen...........
> >
> >1.get the wiper in the park position
> >2 slacken off the nut which holds the linkage onto the motor spindle
> >3. turn the motor by hand until the wiper is in the centre of the screen
> >4. retighten the nut to secure the linkage to the motor
> >5. Bob's your uncle & fanny's your aunty
> >Job done
> >
> >tell me how you get on lads

Man I love you people!!!!! Why the hell couldn't I figure this out? Oh
well, thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now how the hell do are you able
to run a bigger blade? I can now only fit a 17 inch blade without
hitting the seals. Shorter arm? Funny thing is the book at the store
calls for 19".

Feenix
80 1.8 with center resting wiper!