Re: Will the VW 5 cyl fit in a rocco?

In a message dated 8.9.1999 11:09:56 PM, wahl@iwaynet.net writes:

<<Hey all.

>Has anyone tried to fit the 2.2 injected 5 cylinder motor that used to
>be used on the old passat CLi?

No way, not with out major modification like making it rear wheel drive or
for that reason just get a quattro drive line.  Just imagine you 4 banger
with one extra cylinder sitting in your Scirocco. They do however share many
of the same parts, for example the valve lifters in the 2.2 litre I-5 ( I had
an '86 Audi 4000cs quattro) are the same as all the VW I-4 with hydra. heads
I belive even the VR6 Not enough room, I-5 too long to sit transverse in  FWD
VW.
Ira T