RE: Need a Mk1 door handle!

My mail box was full so there could be 100 messages on this.
The MK1 door handle is not like the other VW door handles.
The door works differently. You need to get real MK1 door handles.
The black ones cost big bucks new.

Most of the used black handles need to be painted due to sun damage.
I just powder coated the chrome ones black. They look OK.

Doug
87 16v
81 MK1

Message text written by Joachim Beek

The g*dd*mned tire shop broke my door handle.  It didn't work because the
striker on the lever was worn, so Neanderthalman figured he could bend it
to make it work.  Mind you, this is all without a word to me.  Bleeding
prat broke the lever off, so now I am in need of a door handle for a Mk1.

Anybody have a spare one?

Cheers,
Joachim, who is about to bend the tire guy.

Joachim and Belinda and Hobi and Griffin in Houston, TX
...and now Lucky, the rescue kitten, too!
beekj@ghg.net<