Re: Performance Cooling mk2 setup in mk1?

Mark Peele wrote:

> My 1982 Scirocco (MK2) does not have the remote - I plan to upgrade to
> the later style when I put a bigger motor in.

I too have the non remote tank type radiator in my 82.  Does it have
less of a cooling capacity than the later style?  My 82 has a RD engine
in it with a shaved head and full exhaust and runs quick, but also runs
farely cool.  I mean with a lower temp switch and thermostat it never
runs above the red light, and oil temp is never above 100.  Would it be
worth it to convert?  TIA

Jody Bailey
82 Scirocco 8v
85 Scirocco 8v(almost stripped ready for paint)