Re: 5th gear conversion

I agree with Jason here the .80 is a great gear.  it is higher than the
.91(or whatever) but not too high to throw the engine off curve.  I
would caution anyone though about a .75. IMHO it is too much gear.  I
could waste my friends 2.0 8v with a tired(230+k) 1.8 on the highway if
both cars were left in fifth.  it is just too high.  If you had said
that most of your driving was highway then I'd say the .75 would be a
good choice but that would  be the only case.

.02
Tony