Re: shifter ???

At 03:58 PM 8/2/99 -0700, Schuster, Robert wrote:
>I need some info on fixing all the slop in my gear box/shifter (88 16v).
>1) what bushings are needed and where can i get them?
>2) will short shift kit fix above problem?
>3) who besides neusp$$d makes a decent short shift kit?

You can get a bushing kit, which contains all you need to do this(unless
the relay rods are worn out) at a VW parts place like VWP.  Last I bought a
kit locally it was around $10.  And from what I've heard they are still
around that price.
No, the short shift kit won't fix it, unless of course, it comes with a
bushing kit.  :)   Otherwise, it will may make it harder to shift.
Eurosport makes one, Techtonics does(I have one and like it) I'm sure if
you called Potterman he could help you out with all of this.  His number is
714-663-2434

Good luck

John Worden
Old Town, Maine

'98 Dodge Dakota 4x4
'81 Volkswagen Scirocco(Mk1) soon to be 2.0 16V.  The engine is out/
 and all electrical is pretty much done.
'69 MGB- in need of total resoration(needs some front fenders too)