RE: scirocco tastes?

Yes, the Elise is available in the states, but it is not street legal.
 They're importing a 190 bhp version meant for racing only.  I've been
lurking on another mail list who mentioned that Sun International (?) is
"federalizing" the Elise.  I don't know what that means yet, but I'm
curious if they're making it street legal.  If so, I might need to get a
car loan.

Oh yeah... my list (concentrating on cars I may actually be able to buy
someday):

Lotus Elise, Esprit, Elan (the original, not the crappy 90's version)
86-88 Porsche 930 Slantnose (no cabrio)
DeTomaso Pantera
Alfa Romeo GTV6, GTV, GTA
International Scout and Scout II(have to list it.  I own one)
Mustang Fastback, Mach I
Chevy Nomad
Triumph TR6, TR8 (I know, I know.  A doorstop with electrical problems)
Lancia Scorpion

...and the list goes on.

-Brad