No Subject

Listers,

I am in the process of swapping in a 2.0 16v for my 1.8 16v and wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.  This is what I plan on doing.  Since I like doing most of my own work, I will be smoothing the ports in the head, port-matching the intakes and exhaust, puting in heavy valve springs (any suggestions of brands, where to buy, would be appreciated), autotech 16v matched cam set, techtonics adjustable cam sprocket.  I was curious about a header, but most people I've talked to said that the headers, so far, for the 16v weren't very reliable and is questionable whether or not they even perform better than the 4 into 2 manifold with a decent downpipe.  Anyway, I will buy a 1.8L 16v head set, and a 2.0L 16v block set for gaskets.  Replace the rings and rod bearings and at least plastigauge the main bearings.  Check the thrust/end play and when I replace the engine, do the clutch.  These are the questions I have:

1.  Will the 1.8L 16v stock CIS system (88 scirocco 16v) do the trick by itself to power what I am doing?

2.  Is there anything I am missing?  Something that I should do since the engine will be out that I didn't mention above?

3.  Should I go for a header or stay with the stock 4 to 2 with techtonic downpipe (2 1/4" from downpipe to a 3" super turbo Race muffler) or buy a header or (and I have the equipment to do so) make my own header to the downpipe, or copy the tri-Y type?

4.  What does it sound like the horsepower will be around?  The stock 2.0L lower end is around 135 hp, with the porting, exhaust, 1.8L head, cams, cam sprocket, etc. I added up to be somewhere around 160+hp?  Sound close?

Thanks alot for your help!

Dave