Re: brake pad opinion

> 	i'm going to be getting my brakes replaced before i go
> down to cinci,
> next thursday (YAY!).

So I shall be expecting you and Alee Thursday night.  The
*other* Jay should be arriving then as well.  :)

  AFAIK, all i'll have to do is
> replace the pads
> (tho i may have to get the rotor's machined too, don't
> know yet)

<snip>

> 	so what say the masses?  are no-name pads a waste of
> time and money?
> should i go with the mintex, or is there something else
> out there that i
> should be aiming for?  i have the 16V rocco brake setup,
> BTW.

I just put a new set of Ferodo pads on the '88.  They are
AWESOME!!!  I haven't played too hard for extended periods
with 'em yet, but so far they're a LOT better than the
stocks that were on before.  Call Potterman!!!  (They were
$50 a set or something)

===
Daun Yeagley
'79 Scirocco
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."  - Dave Barry