Intermittant wiper relay & other q's

Hi all

I just plugged it in, and now I have a question... How
the heck exactly does it work?  I got it to change
speeds, but this was more by accident than anything
else...

Another question
Anyone tried GEX engines?  is 1800 way too much for a
factory fresh 135hp 2.0l 8v bolt in replacement for
the 1.8 8v?  Another 295 for a port & polish.... Is
this an insane amount of $$$ for an engine? I know you
can get 1/8ls for like 200$ used, but my view is kinda
skewed because a rebuilt wasserboxer for my van is
1700 at the cheapest place you can find.  I was
thinking that you could spend that much upgrading a
stock 1.8 to get those horsies.

That;s all for now

===
Mark