Back to monowiper, not by choice :(

	Man, I hate Mondays! I'm driving along in the rain and notice my
driver's side wiper arm is hitting the windshield gasket. "No big deal" I
think, since this has happened before because the wiper arm has a tendency
to get loose over time...
	Sure enough, when I get home, the driver's side wiper is resting
about 10 degrees higher than it should. I got the ratchet and 10mm to
socket to loosen the arm and put it back and that's where the fun
started... After I got the arm back to it's regular position, I started
tightening the bolt down and just as I was putting on the last ounce of
torque, there was a pop. SHIT! I managed to overthighten and the entire
threaded part of the shaft sheared right off and went flying with the nut
somewhere in the garage.
	I've done this lots of times because my wiper arm tends to some
loose, but I guess this was all she could take. So now I'm back to the
monowiper system  but I really like the sweep of the dual system. Anyone
got one they'd like to part with? Burnt out motor is ok, since I can swap
in mine....

I feel better having written this,

___Wojciech Galecki___
'84 8v Scirocco
w/ monowiper: It's not a bug, it's a feature :P