re: Stock guard on 86 16v

First day on this list. What the heck! I'll jump in:

>My question is did the car come with a bottom end splash guard to
>protect the belts and everything from getting wet? Because if they
>did, I don't have one and I need one, And If they didn't, well then
>I've got nothin els to say.

Brian, I've had 2 88s and both of them gave me the evil eye of the
alternator light after romping through a puddle.  I have heard that a
lower splash guard is a part you can order through your favorite VW
dealer. But as far as I know it was not standard.

-- David Chamberland
   95 GTI VR6 (Stock and in dire need...)
   88 16V Scirocco (Not even close to stock)
   88 16V Scirocco (May she rest in piece...)