exhaust question

Will the exhaust pipes from a car w/ the full sized spare tire well (as in my early 84) fit on a later scirocco w/ the smaller spare tire well?  Is it going to line up correctly, i.e. will it line up corractly with the cut out section in the rear of the car, underneath the rear bumper?

I would think so, but just trying to make sure.  I want to swap the TT exhaust from my crashed car (84) to a newer 1986 scirocco.  I got a good deal on the exhaust system so I would rather not have to buy a new system.

Thanks,

Victor