The Roc

I currently own a 1.7L '83 roc in decent cond, but still I don't like
it (noisy, some bodywork etc) so I've found this sweet '87 all tinted
nice body black roc. The guy only wants $600 Cdn for it and the only
catch is it comes without an engine/tranny and the fronts a little
dinged.  My engine's in good cond, so I was wondering can any of you
roccers tell me any reasons why I shouldn't do this and use my '83 as a
parts?  ALso does the '87 weigh a lot more than the '83?  THanks

===
Scottish
'83 Rocco