Back from Vancouver

Well got back from Vancouver a couple hours ago in my new car.  First
off this car pulls hard but needs a lot of work, we will see how it
works out.  18 hours 11 mins from where Riley dumped me on the highway
aimed out of Vancouver to my door step.  I did this straight thru with
four 1/2 hour brakes (included int he time)...not to shabby if I say so
myself...total trip was just over 1800 Kms.  The car ran for 18 hours
straght pretty much at speeds from 120-160 Kph.  Oil temp never went
above 110 C and the water temp never went above half.  And this was
going thru the mountains quick like!!!  This car has a good engine set
up.

I put slotted&vented rotor's 9.4" (EM sport provided...Thanx Mark
Christianson) on with street Ferrodo's (Thanx Potterman) right before I
left Vancouver.  Now I must say this set-up was AMAZING!!!  For anyone
out there in the 8v catagory looking for a brake upgrade get these
rotor's and pads!  Sure the car had 4 wheel disk upgrade, but these
rotor's and pads hauled!  No fade what so ever and after I bedded them,
I hamered on them as much as I could going thru the hills (actually BC
mountains).  I drove this car hard and I mean hard and the brakes just
kept grabbing and grabbing!!!

Just thought I would share my happy story with my kick ass trip thru BC
Alberta and SK..oh yeah no speeding tickets!!  I got pulled over right
outside my city by a officer, who just wanted to see the car because he
used to own a 16v :-)  gotta love that huh?  So now it is work time for
this car...Catch you all at Cinci, hopefully with my new ride!!!  And
maybe I can make her look good by then :-)

Jody Bailey
82 Scirocco 8v
85 Scirocco 8v