Re: Rally a Mk2?

Neal Tovsen wrote:

> Anyone ever rally-raced a Mk2, 8v or 16v? I've seen numerous Mk1's set up
> for rally, but never a Mk2. Too heavy? Too low?

I've taken both Mk1 and Mk2 Roccos out on practice stages. I much prefer the
Mk1 in general and for rally for the same reasons. They are lighter and have
shorter front and rear overhangs. For a rally car, you'll ideally want about a
100" wheelbase and not much hanging in front or back. All that does is
increase the polar moment and whack trees easier... As for ride height, there
all potentially the same.

Want to check out some Scirocco rallycross shots? Okay, point your browser
here...
http://www.tufts.edu/~cclark/ahrc/scirocco1.html
http://www.tufts.edu/~cclark/ahrc/scirocco2.html

> I'm just asking 'cause I got a look at Damien Crane's (former list member)
> rally Rabbit, and damn that looks like a blast! It got me thinkin'...

Buy DC's car! Get involved and you'll never question it. Cheers...
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut