You know what?

Bosch Silbers SUCK!

A while ago I had a set of Bosch Silbers in my GLi. The center electrode
in one plug fell out and got wedged between the exhaust valve and the
valve seat. The end result was a cracked valve and a sickly running GLi.

Over the course of the last few weeks, my Scirocco has had a few cold
running problems. You know, the typical it runs rough for a few miles
then click, it runs fine. Well, saturday I went to Riverside to pick up
my latest endeavor (2.0L 8V baby!) for my GLi and the car never really
cleared up like it should. High rpm's are fine, plenty of power there.
Starting out in 1st gear needs much more throttle to get it moving than
it used to. So after a day of driving around town doing errands and such,
I decided it was time to check the plugs since it was starting to act
like the GLi did a while ago.

Pulled #1 and it looked perfect. (Not bad for not having the O2 hooked
up.) Rolled the dice and pulled the #3 plug. GAWD DAMN IT! The center
electrode is missing! Just like what happened in the GLi. So I replaced
it with a spare plug that I keep for just such emergencies and voila. It
still runs like shit. Maybe a little better than before but not much.

So.

Now I get to pull the head and do all of that over again. Its not that
big of a deal doing the work. Its easy. It just pisses me off that I
gotta buy all new parts for the job.
Since time is a factor, I plan on getting another head and rebuilding it
while the parts get shipped. Anyone in So Cal have a used JH head for
sale? Id prefer it would just be in rebuildable shape and not rebuilt.

If not, I know the junkyards should have a few of them. I just don't have
much time for driving all the way to the border to get one.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and