Rear disc conversion a big success

Well I started my rear disc brake conversion on my '81 S Saturday
afternoon by rebuilding the calipers and finished it this afternoon
with a big grin on my face!  Despite what others have claimed, I
personally noticed a big difference in braking after the swap.  I feel
part of this is do to the fact that my suspension setup doesn't allow
for a lot of weight transfer as does the stock suspension.  I did
some several quick stops with no lockup and a good pedal that
was easy to modulate.  Note that I didn't use the 16V proportioning
valves either.  All the parts came off of a Golf GTI 16V except for
the e-brake cables which I purchased new for a Scirocco 16V.  If
anybody has any questions about the swap, let me know.
                   Kris Rayner
                1984 VW Scirocco
    1981 VW Scirocco S - Soon to be a 16V :)-
     "I do nothing in moderation but work."
               -Charles Dickens
   http://www.fix.net/~trzracing/web/scirocco.htm