stroker motor

This goes out to the collective,

I just spoke w/ a guy who said he had the bottom end of a stroker motor.  I didn't really get into it over the phone b/c I am at work but it sounds like to me that the actual piston stroke is longer than a normal engine.  He said it was the newer ABA 8v engine (2L), which I know has a longer stroke than our 1.8 L JHs.  Is this what he means by a 'stroker' motor, or is the stroke even longer than the ABA engine?  And if so, how the hell do you accomplish that?

Soo, what is a stroker motor?  I have heard of them, just don't know exactly what they are.  Anyone, everyone?

Thanks,

Victor