Exhaust Options

     Ok, my exhaust finally rusted through in one spot, and its
looking pretty poor in a couple of others.  So its time to throw on
a good preformance exhaust system. I've got an 87 8V, that is more
or less a daily driver.  So here's what I'm thinking...if I'm going
in the wrong direction, please let me know.

     I've got a 4-2 manifold that I'm replacing the 4-1 with. I'm
thinking that Techtonics Tuning makes a very complete exhaust
system.  I was planing to get a non-cat dual downpipe w/O2 sensor
fitting , hooked up to a 2" stainless steel cat back system.

     Dropping the cat is not a problem, there are no emissions tests
here.  And I was thinking that the resonator in the center pipe
would help keep the noise down, without affecting performance.
Someone had told me that without the cat there will be very little
backpressure and I will end up increaseing fuel consumption? Is this
BS or what?

     I looked at the Autotech exhausts.  And they didn't seem as
nice.  Of course that is just compareing information off their web
sites.  Are there any other options in the same price range,
$450USD.

Sean Martin
87 8v