[non-rocco] electric car project

All,

I had a Rocco once, and have all these nice parts left over (suspension /
brakes / tranny / etc)..  I was thinking of buying a old "german" rabbit,
and installing a electric motor.

1. Anyone in this list did this "only-seen-on-mad-tv" contraption?
2. Anyone know of any URL that can help me achieve my "91% maintenance-free"
VW?
3. Anyone could tell me why I shouldn't waste my time on this cool project
4. Anyone have any ideas to help me (I can also include my shipping address
for donations!)
5. What kind of motor should I choose? (anyone know of a good brand?)
6. Should I still use a clutch, or just leave it in 2nd or 3rd gear all the
time (since you can rev those engines up to ~12k)

Please help!!

François St-Amand

85 8v rocco, now dead / rammed in by a 97 4x4 dodge RAM. :-((((
91 Jetta GTX 16v 2.0L
soon to have 77 electric rabbit