Scirocco upholstery recall?

Hi Folks, My 84 Wolfsburg is in excellent condition throughout except
for the fabric inserts on the seats which are completely gone. The
fellow from whom I bought the car some time back told me VW had
instituted a recall program for the uphostery problem. While I would
certainly be willing to pay to have them recovered it would be nice if
VW would help. Has anyone heard of this recall (it seems to be quite a
common problem)? Thank you for your help.

--
David K. Knox
Director of Information Technology