RE: Video-tape - was :Re: Finally Got My Mats

I still like the calendar idea, but if we're doing the video thing, a CD
would make life SOOO much easier. Think of it...people could send VHS (or
whatever) if they don't have the capability to do otherwise. Others could
upload .avi files via FTP to a central site, where whomever is in charge
could compile them on to a CD. Currently blank CD's are running about $1
each. Doubt VHS could beat that. Quality would be highter/more consistent,
and shipping would be easier. Heck, even those of us with CD-R's and fast
connections could download the CD image and make their own. We could even
have an archive on Scirocco.org. I could even help come up with a cool
little front-end (either browser/HTML based or perhaps a little Macromedia
action) to navigate the files, and could help burn at least a small number
of copies for people. Ever seen the latest Primus CD...now THAT was trick!

If we didn't already own PC's, VHS would make more sense, but I think it's a
reasonable assumption that we all have a computer.

So...whaddya think?

Neal