SV: Cylinder Head Gasket

I never heard of a head gasket leaking oil all around but what I
learned myself is that a leaking valve cover can make oil all
around the head gasket. If you have clean oil you most likely
will not see oil traces on the head but on the gasket its
gathering.

Wash your motor carefully, drive for 5-10 minutes and take some
light/white towel and "walk" around the cylinder head just under
the valve cover, if you get oil on it, you have your problem.
Much easier and less expensive

Roland Johansson
Scirocco 1,6l TIC -82
Http://hem.passagen.se/toker