SV: Closing off the fuel return... a good thing?

No. First thing is your fuel pump will break sooner because it
has to work more, second you will most likely get a leak
somewhere. The fittings can stand to about 12-15 bar before they
leaked, a guy with an old Saab 99 turbo tested, he used two fuel
pumps for normal driving and a system pressure of 9 bar and when
boost increased he kicked in a third pump and got higher system
pressure.

What you can do is raise your system pressure, you will need to
readjust co and idle, second thing is to put on a fuel head that
gives more fuel and third is both of these ways

Roland Johansson
Scirocco 1,6l TIC -82
Http://hem.passagen.se/toker

majordomo@scirocco.org.