Re: Finger hurts.... latest batch.

On Wed, 7 Apr 1999 21:20:42 -0400 "Verne Harris (Fnugen)"
<vwman@skyia.com> writes:

>    Soooooooooo, Shawn hurt his finger huh ?!?!?   I HOPE you did it on
the
>Rocco...I just remember the fun you had last year......somewhat close to
>this time of year.  By chance, didja crack the Rocco up to top it off
?!?!
>            All in good fun...........

Ahhhhh!!! LOL!!! I know I definitely earned that one!
Yah well, what can I say. Actually I was working on a CAT. (You know, one
of dem farm implements. A "416B" in case you know that it is.) Removing
the rear axle to replace the brakes. (The brakes are INSIDE the axle.
thought id say something for all of those wise asses out there..)

So anyways, its snowing (Yah, go figure) cold as hell and the axle falls
off the forklift while im trying to get it out from under the CAT. (its
damn heavy.) I didn't want the axle to fall on the cone and damage the
input shaft so I reached up and grabbed the axle to keep it from rolling
over. It worked, it didn't roll over, instead, it swung the right side of
the axle up into the air and caught my little pinky finger of my left
hand between the axle and the chassis.

I heard a crunch. I felt a crunch. As soon as my finger was visible
again, I saw lots of pretty red blood, gushing from my finger. I thought
I had a compound fracture the way it was bleeding and it was numb. So
anyways, I work alone in the middle of a ranch where nobody is at up in
the mountains of So Cal. I had to drive thru the icy slushy snow (I know
Its CA!!!) with one hand. That sucked.

I wanted to try and stop the bleeding before I went to the hospital so I
went home first, finger started to hurt like hell. (it was on the way.)
So, try to shorten this, Its not broke. I got home, looked at it and
realized the pain was from my fingers being soo cold.

I have a deep 1" cut along an old scar on the outside part of my little
finger. Its right next to the scar that I got when a helicopter accident
put shrapnel into my arm, finger and also broke my little finger leaving
it crooked at the finger tip. That's also near the spot where a little
rubber kids ball broke the finger when I was a kid which made it a little
crooked on the #3 diget. So its not just doubly crooked but now its ugly
too.

Then on the other side of my finger, I got a 1/2" cut so it looks like
somebody put a knife thru my finger. Its still swollen but i'll live.

>BTW, it took GREAT STRENGTH on my
>behalf to leave that "useless" remark of yours alone............hahaha.

I thank ya!

>Hope
>you at least get a cool scar to show for it. Good thing I'm not a
vengeful
>person huh ?!?!

This has been one abused finger. Its been broken 3 times. I have never
(knock on wood) broke any other bone in my body except for my little toe
on my left foot. Its a battle worn finger all right.

>Anyway, can you send me some info on the shirts, in
>case I'd
>like to buy one.
>
>       Verne :

Hey Vern (with an E) go have a look see at the web page. N-kay. Its got
info. N-kay. You might find it useful. N-kay. I apurshiate it. N-kay.

http://www.Geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/1308/tshirt.htm

N-kay?   : )

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and