The Project

The project is my engine swap in my show 16v for those of you that have
recently tuned in.

Here's what the car will have had done to it over the winter storage:

-1.8L 16v engine pulled out.
-2L block rebuilt
	-new 83mm pistons (bored .5mm over)
	-only the block, crank, and rods are original...everthing else
	 in the engine has been replaced
-cylinder head ported by Interprep Performance (southern NY)
	-Schrick 260 cams put in
	-Kent Adj. cam sproket
-replace all rubber brake hoses with stainless steel lines
-replace rear axle beam bushings
-polished intake manifold and valve cover

There are *many* other parts being replaced at the same time (all tune-up
parts, plug wires, water pump, vac hoses, etc...)  Not the mention the
HUGE effort going into making things clean and look nice...

I know I've dropped > $3,500 in the past 6 months if that give you
some idea of what an idiot I am for this car. :/

Here's where things stand today:

The car has no engine in it, no rear suspension what-so-ever (axle beam
is several feet away from the car), even the hood is in my basement and
the 2L block is in a closet behind me (fully rebuilt though!).

I'm waiting on parts from the local dealer, Mike at Virual World, my
cylinder head is still at Interprep, my intakes and valve cover are
still somewhere near Buffalo (Medina for those who know the area),
and I still have things to sandblast, paint, and clean.  After this
round of modifications, there will be almost no bolt on the car
that I haven't torqued myself.  There will be almost no system left
unmodified or at least replaced...hard to believe really.   Ah!
Interior! I haven't replaced the seats yet!  Or the dash board with
one from a Corrado, gotta put that on the list... :)

==Brett