Clutch ?

Hi all.

Today I finally had time to go and play with my new toy. '82 'rocc.
Anyway, the guy I bought it from said it needed clutch work. OK, fine.
Here's info:

1)Clutch pedal goes almost to floor before any resistance is felt.

2)I can start it, put it in first, and the car will not move.

Here's the questions:

Is the clutch well and truly shot, or is it so far out of adjustment it
ain't funny? I've tried adjusting it up and down, but nothing seems to be
doing the trick.

Might the clutch cable be broken, or stretched to the point of uselessness?
Would replacing it help, or at least narrow down the cause?

TIA,

Zach
http://www.discover-net.net/~zach/index.html
Accept me for what I am. Completely unacceptable.