Re: Wolfsburg Edition Scirocco...

I stand corrected about hte Wolfsburg Scirocco. But I have to say that VW in the past has offered a Wolfsburg edition almost every year. I remember my mom looking at this killer all blue Cabrio that was a Wolfsburg Edition. Also they would offer them at a certian time of the year. Maybe at he end of a model year to get rid of extra cars? They never were more than exter trim and badges. Dare I say..unlike my Scirocco S? Don't hate my because I'm beautiful

Mark Hausler

---- Begin Original Message ----
 From: "Jim Buck/BahnBurners!" <vwpride@mixi.net>
Sent: Sun, 04 Apr 1999 21:24:46 -0500
To: Matthew Yip <mgyip@yahoo.com>
CC: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Wolfsburg Edition Scirocco...

I believe the Wolfie Scirocco was only the 8v.  VW marketing rationale has
historically offered Wolfsburg edition cars at the end of a buildout cycle, as
evidenced by the A3 Wolfsburg Jetta for 1998.  Special badging, wheels, seats etc.
at a lower package price than the options would be if ordered separately.

jim

Matthew Yip wrote:

> > From: timbob <timbob29@idt.net>
> > Subject: 87 scirocco wolfsburg edition?
> >
> > I know they do the wolfsburg edition things on other volkswagens, but is
> > there such a thing as a scirocco wolsfburg?
>
> Yes, there is a Wolfsburg Edition Scirocco.  I have a friend with one - black
> on black.  I'm not overly familiar with Mk2 Sciroccos, but I'll venture a
> guess at what's different.  The interior fabric seems different - black with
> silver pinstripes and a different syle of 13" rims.  Other than a Wolfsburg
> badge on the front fenders, it doesn't appear to have any other differences
> from the base model.  It may have included some popular options as part of the
> package but there are no other mods.
> ===
> Matthew Yip
> mgyip@yahoo.com