Re: Warranty replacement (was:Tokico shocks)

On Thu, 1 Apr 1999, Matthew Yip wrote:

> --- PC Handyman <pchandyman@earthlink.net> wrote:
> > About this warranty replacement... How does one go about doing this? Is it
> > good for the second owner?
>
> The warranty usually applies to the original owner (or whomever holds the
> receipt).  In any case, most of these warranties (I've experienced Koni)
> require you to 1) remove the parts in question, 2) send the parts to their
> service center for "inspection", and 3) they'll return new parts to you upon
> their approval.  Sounds easy, right?  Just remember that while you're waiting
> for them to inspect and return your shocks, your car's sittin' pretty on jack
> stands.

I just went through the warranty swap with Koni and it was too easy. Just
sent them back with a copy of the original receipt ( 6 1/2 years old) and
about 10 days later a new pair of shocks showed up at my door.   I did put
a CHEAP pair of shocks on while I was waiting for my Konis, so it cost me
about $50 ($40 for the cheap shocks, $10 UPS) for a new pair of rear
shocks.  Not too shabby....

Greg :)

Gregory S. Davis
1985 Euro-Spec Scirocco       http://members.iglou.com/scirocco

"GAK Motorsports.....Your source for European License Plates!"
http://members.iglou.com/scirocco/gakmotor.htm