identifying cams

I just bought a used cam from a guy claiming it was a Neuspeed 272. I have no
reason to doubt it is but I thought I would see if anyone could give it a
positive id. Here are the distiinguishing marks: etched "272" on the very end
where the gear would go
It has a purple blotch of paint between two of the lobes
It's also stamped "Germany" and has short sequences of numbers here and there.

Question#2
Is anyone out there using this cam? What should I expect from it (ie what sort
of gains at about what RPM)? Does it idle regularly?
BTW does onyone have an adj. cam sprocket for sale?
TIA
- -Nate-
- --