Re: [tech] [tranny swaps] [A2 to A1]

In a message dated 9/29/98 3:21:58 PM Pacific Daylight Time, bhonnold@pac-
cap.com writes:

<< Ok, I'll conceed the point that you do know shit about trannys but your
 english context needs work. nener nener nener

....... your right my grammar has always sucked sorry...

 What your trying to say is that you took an 85 Rocco 9A, made it similar to
 an FF by changing the ring and pinion and added a 6th gear. along with some
 other goodies???.  If so, you no longer have to worry about the tranny self
 machining and you have a different range of gears.  Why is this better than
 the 9A???????????????

.................. took out the 9a and put in a 6spd with some of the same
gears as the FF ring on that is 3.97 with a .71 5th gear all other gears are
inbetween. no the tranny with 6spd has bolt kit desperatly need in  VW
trannies

 I would imagine that your 77 Roc with just that 6 speed wouldn't last
 through second gear up against my 9A but that has to do with Motors and HP
 not trannys.

............ well the 77 roc and the 85 when it had the 9a installed the 77
from a light would be 10-12 car lengths ahead of the 85 by the time it was
ready to shift into 4th

 Wacha got under da hood?

.......... 1.7l ceramic coated everything raise compression ontop of all that
car wieghs in at 1950lbs with roll cage and me init full tank of gas.

 Brian Honnold
 '78 Rocco Ragtop >>
- --