Re: [tech] [tranny swaps] [A2 to A1]

you're the answer man!

I've heard that the early hubs won't like the larger axles. I don't know
if this applies to the '82. Apparently, VW introed the 100mm flanges in
1979 (in Germany) - so maybe all cars manufactured after that can
accomodate the bigger axles. I don't know. But I'll find out!

If the axles don't fit the hubs, I'll swap out the hubs. (I hope I don't
have to- a PITA job!)

Mark . . .
Scirocco 1982, Golf GT 1987
Scirocco 1978
Previous Sciroccos: 1981S (RIP), 1980S, 1975TS, 1975
http://home.t-online.de/home/Scirocco2/marc.htm