Re: cool mag subscriptions

>A company called EWA sells many different auto mag subscriptions for
cool
>stuff like Performance VW and The Golf.  Prices ain't cheap ($79/yr for
>Performance VW) but after checking a couple of issues out, I'm gonna
>subscribe!  They have a ton of other auto-related mags too.. web
address is:

>http://ewa1.com/index.html
>
>--
>Kevin Collins
>Huntington Beach, CA
>'86.5 Scirocco 16V 2.0
>'97 GTI VR6

Kevin-
I live right down the road from them!
I pick up all my cool mags there (even stuff like 'mini world'?!?!),
That price might be a little steep... I don't have an issue right here,
but it might be cheaper to go directly from the publisher. Most
magazines have an 'overseas' rate. Can you imagine how long it would
take you to get an issue if it goes to them after crossing the ocean,
then they have to ship it to you?!?!
Sometimes there's a problem down at customs, too. I was waiting for a
particular article in Volksworld about narrowing the link-pin beam in my
'58 bug. It seems that the boat that they came in on was audited or
whatever by customs and it was a month late!

I would hate to take away buisness from them, tho. They are a great
store and great people. Its like a car-lovers candy store...and there's
not one car part in the place!

                       CHRIS CHEMIDLIN

          NEW MUSIC!         http://www.spredhaus.com
      New VW Photos!  http://www.angelfire.com/nj/spredhaus
          58 Type1 Ragtop, 84 Jetta GLi, 87 Foxwagen