Houston, we have a few more!

Wassup fellow roccians,

I have this problem which has been plaguing my 1980 mk1 since the end of
my summer road-trip. Here are the symptoms: Will not hold idle at
anything less than 1500 rpm (the idle screw is at maximum extension for
now) and stalls the moment I shift it into Drive. I like this new
feature, it's great at all those intersections when you want to make a
fool of yourself.

Anyways, I've checked that all the fluids are topped up, including ATF,
oil, brakes, gas etc. Had an oil change last month and replaced the fuel
filter, and the ATF is a healthy bright red. My friend said it might be
just a blown spark plug, so I'll get a new set of platinums this week
(I've been maintaining the same ones for almost a year now). On a side
note, my muffler has a small dent and hole in it from a large speed bump
attack, but I do not think this problem is related. Somebody please
assure me its a simple problem with a simple answer!

Get me back on the road again!

Pete

PS. I'm on the lookout for a new or used leather interior, and any body
kit parts (I'll pay you top dollar)

      :: Fluid Web Designs    http://Fast.to/Fluid ::
      :: Phat Mk1 Sciroccos     http://move.to/mk1 ::
      :: Skate Team     http://teamxxx.home.ml.org ::