Re: Used SuperSprint?

At 08:41 PM 9/16/98 -0400, Michael Helms wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>
>I found a used SuperSprint Scirocco exhaust today - complete, and in
>decent condition.  By complete, I mean header, intermediate pipe with
>resonator, muffler and tip.  Basically, everything except the clamps.  The
>guy is asking $500 Canadian.  Does this sound reasonable?  He also said
>that for $150, he would install the entire thing.

First, how old is it?  Second, have you had a look at it?  More than likely
the header is still going to be in good shape, as they're built fairly
well.  But I'd have a look at the rest of the system.  I've seen some older
(4+ year old) systems that are crappy.  The resonators rust apart, and the
rear muffler's packing disintegrates.  See if you can pick the muffler up
and shake it.  If you can hear shit rattling around, it's beat and you
should think twice about installing it.  It'll sound pretty bad...
If the system is less than 4 years old, and is in visibly good shape, $500
is not bad.  Consider that the entire system, brand new, will now cost you
more than $1500CDN...

- --