Re: Response to my post from a fellow mailing list member...

On Wed, 16 Sep 1998 17:21:29 EDT SCIROCCO87@aol.com writes:

>I've got a mixed reaction to this one... On one hand, I think when we're
>talkin about saving hundreds of dollars it is GREAT that someone butts
in and
>says "I can get it $$$ cheaper."  However, I see Y somebody would be
upset
>that their offering gets shot to hell by smartass comments.  In this
case, I
>don't think the comments were very smartass but maybe that's cause they
>weren't directed anywhere near me.  From memory, the replies to Ryan's
16V
>parts for sale were very smartass and uncalled for.

I think many jumped on this particular FS posting ONLY because of the
thread's discussing the Audi 5000 and A2 Throttle body postings that have
been for the most part, an everyday discussion for the last 3 weeks or
so. I don't know who it was that posted the "FS NS TB for $100" was, but
I found it rather ridiculous and I WAS going to reply to it in my
signature fashion but I saw that many had already replied so I deleted my
own message. heh!

I dunno man, to me it was like we got spammed or something. To me if he
had been on the list, he would of known better to post such a absurd
thing like that. Perhaps he had just subscribed to the list, fine.
Wouldn't he read a few posts before advertising? Its not against the
rules as set by our Comrade Kevin :) by any means, im not disputing that.
I dunno man. Who am I to beich? Exactly.

>Everybody needs to keep in mind that this is a VERY
>impersonal place and people will say things here
>that they wouldn't dare say to MY FACE..or yours for that matter.
>Lets not start arguing about this one too.  Later
>Dan May

Bullshit. Are you trying to tell me that people would talk trash here and
not to your face? Naw, that's _never_ happened here!  :)

Well, I think most everybody who has known ME for any amount of time know
that I generally speak my mind no matter the topic. If people can use my
vast intergalactic wealth of VW knowledge, great. They must also take
with my giving some sarcasm too. its in the contract dude, read the
welcome message again, its in there, I swear.  ;)

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and