Re: [Non-Scirocco] When was the first Rabbit built??

I owned a 1975 sky blue rabbit.  It's manufacture date was Oct, 1974.

One day while tearing the dash a part I found a German computer printout taped
to the top of the jockey box.  I took it to the VW dealer.  He made a few
calls and got it decoded.  It basically told the options of the car, date of
manufacture and destination.

The interesting thing about the paper was it gave the ship number it came
across on  --  which was owned by VW and that it came on the second shipment
of Rabbits to the United States.

Dave
85  Scirocco GTX
- --