Re: ?SILVER HOSE THING?

Silver/Gold? If so, probably the heated air intake hose. No biggie if
that's the one. I yanked mine out a long time ago. It is used for warming
the car up when it is cold out. When the intake reaches a specified temp,
the door on the intake for that side closes and cold air is then retrieved.

Regards,
Paul Hanley