Re: Non rocco'- good quality crimp on wire connectors?

At 11:01 AM 9/15/98 -0400, balance wrote:
>Hello,
>
>    I do alot of electrical work, and have been looking for a while now
>for a better quality crimp-on wire connector.
>
>  The ones I have been using (hardware store type) just lack the quality I
am looking for
>Anyone know of a  source of better quality connectors?
>maybe we could all go in on a huge lot and divvy them up?
>
>    Thanks,
>
>       Percy.
>I solder the wire to the connector and in the case of connecting two
wires-I generally twist the wires together and then solder them.  You then
can wrap them with electrical tape or use shrink wrap(put this on before
you solder).  This makes the connection pretty much permanent.  It would
take a lot to pull it apart.  When I was in the military we had
non-crimping butt splices.  These were pretty cool, you stuck the wires
into the splice and heated it with a heat gun.  This melted solder in the
splice and that was it.  The plastic part of the splice melted a bit and
became like heat shrink. I wish I knew where I could find some of these now.

Johnİİ '98  Dak cc Sport 4x4, 3.9 auto, Intense Blue, Leer Classic tonneau,
İİİİİİİİİİİİİİ  Pioneer DEH-P85DHR, ventshades, headlight/tailight covers,
penda liner
İİİİİİİİİ '84İ Scirocco (under construction) Brakes and Suspension currently
          '69  MGB Roadster(in need of restoration)
- --