Re: Club H2O

I've only been in the club a year.  I have a few observations about it:

1.)  There are a lot of really nice cars in it around here.  most of them
are tricked out A2s.  When you see them, you just have to wonder where
these guys get their $$$.
I remember looking at a car at Toronto.  It was either Greg's or Scotts,
black A3.  It was very nice looking, but on closer inspection, it had been
repainted.  Why on earth do you need to repaint a car that is only a few
years old the factory color?  It looked as if the whole car was repainted,
not just a few panels.  What ever turns you on, but  that is sort of silly.

2.)  The newsletter is pretty lean.  Of course, $20 is not a lot of money.
I originally joined to try to find out more about shows in the area.  Now I
usually hear about those anyway.  I personally think that the newsletter
would be better served it it were web published.  At least the pictures
would be better.

3.)  Most of the members fall into three categories
	a.)  Corrado owners - want to show everyone how badass their car is (or
		stereo)
	b.)  Scirocco owners - want to show that A1s are still cool
	c.)  Gti owners - (mostly A2s) - always wanted a GTi, and want to show
		everyone how badass their car is.

If You're into the show car scene, this may be the club for you.  There
doesnt' appear to be a lot of comraderie among members (competition maybe)
nor does there seem to be a lot of DIYers.  Its mostly of Peter Wuishness;
"Look how much money I paid this guy do do this to my car."  Not too many
racers either.  I came to the conclusion that ClubH2o might not be for me.
I'm more interested in low cost racing, tuning.  I participated in my first
autox a few weeks back and had more fun than an entire summer of club
sponsered shows.  Nothing against the club or its members, it is what it is
and serves a purpose.  I have to admit though, the coolest thing about
being in the club are the stickers I have on my car.  I have a lot of
people ask about the club as a result.  Affiliation baby!  Maybe thats
worth the $20.  Alas, If I dont' decide to renew, I guess I'll have to
remove all those stickers.  Oh well.

I am in the process of compiling the Blackwells Worst Mod list.  So far we
have:
	Momo or Schrothe harness pads on stock seat belts
	cosmetic hood scoops (oops, no turbo)
	anything painted with a brush
	aplique "phantom" headlights
	carbon look stickers

contributions?

later
Greg

Hey, Y'all, what's going on?  Are very many of you members of Club H2O?  I
thought I'd send them a check for $20 just to see what I get for my money,
but I wanted to hear a little feed back from y'all, too.  What's the
skinny?  Pretty cool?  Thanks.

Dan
potential Club Water :Þ member
'86 8v red martian