FW: replacing the top

There is a shop in Southern California who still carries the Brittax tops.
 They have all the replacement parts and do reupholstering of the original
weathershields tops.  They can do a real nice canvas outer and headliner or
custom inner for under $300.

The shop is called Sunroof Performers.  You can get a hold of them at
213-564-5019.

I have spent the past month trying to find a qualified shop in the
Sacramento are to redo mine but they all want like $350-400.  I am going to
ship mine to So. Cal in about a week.

Drop me a note, I'd love to chat with a fellow ragtop owner.

Brian Honnold
'78 Rocco Ragtop

On Monday, September 14, 1998 2:59 PM, Gary Moore [SMTP:magritte@pobox.com]
wrote:
> I need to replace the rag top on my Scirocco before winter.  The previous
> owner (whom I met by pure chance at a party a couple months after buying
> the car off a lot), had some upholstery guy fashion some replacement
cloth
> from seat vinyl the last time the top was knifed--it has shrunk in the
> sun, and is now too short to close (in addition to the hook mechanism
> being broken).
>
> Has anyone replaced one of these recently?  How much will a proper
> replacement cost?  Would I want to install it myself?
>
> TIA,
>
> Gary
>
> '80 VW Scirocco
> '79 Datsun 810 Coupe