Re: Standard Wheels?

At 07:23 PM 9/13/98 -0700, NICHOLAS ISAAC wrote:
>I have an 87 16v, and it was rebuilt less than a year ago (not by me).
>I have a set of 14" wheels on it, and I'm interested to know if the rims
>are stock or not. They are rims, with black teardrop type slits curving
>around the rim. Is this a VW rim? I can't find a manafacturer's label
>anywhere. Also, one rim has yellow/scratch marks on it. How would you
>remove?
>--
Yes, this is the stock "16V alloy" or more commonly called "teardrop alloy"
wheel.  There is a VW/Audi part no. on the wheel under the center cap.  It
will be a 9 digit # like all the parts and may have a letter suffix. BTW
the rims are 6" x 14".  As for the scratches maybe some wheel polish and
buffing.  Good luck.

Johnİİ '98  Dak cc Sport 4x4, 3.9 auto, Intense Blue, Leer Classic tonneau,
İİİİİİİİİİİİİİ  Pioneer DEH-P85DHR, ventshades, headlight/tailight covers,
penda liner
İİİİİİİİİ '84İ Scirocco (under construction) Brakes and Suspension currently
          '69  MGB Roadster(in need of restoration)
- --