Re: Knock sensor

I do not believe any Scirocco 8v ever came with a knock sensor. You do not need
one
with this motor, not unless you have upped your compression greatly. I just
recently
put in a 2.0 out of a 96 golf which has 10:1 compression and had to install a
knock
sensor and control box/distributor out of an 86 golf gti. If you want to do
that then
go to http://www.volkswagen.org/EngineSwap/Default.htm  this page has nice
information
on VW engines and a wiring diagram for installing a knock sensor.

Chris