VR6 scirocco....the other one

	well, hung around with this dude up here in t.o. that built his
very own VR6 scirocco.  he did such a nice job on the swap...corrado
dash...and well, that's it for now.  it's quite a rough looker, to tell
you the truth.  holes everywhere, rust, dents...the body is shite.  but
the mechanicals are definitely in order.  i must say that in comparison to
kerry's VR6, this guy did a teeny bit of a better job (this is, of course,
the opinion of a man who really doesn't know THAT much about nothing).

	anyways, it looks sweet.  we sat around for about 4 hours just
talkin cars and whatever and realized that by the end of it, we both knew
a lot of the same people.  in fact, we actually met at last year's
waterfest for about 2 minutes.  small world.

	we didn't get to line our cars up and do a proper run,
unfortunately.  however, i can tell you that he punched it in 2nd and so
did i (caught me a little off-guard, i might add), and i stayed with him,
and even pulled just a little bit before we were forced to slow down a
bit.  when we got on the highway, tho....he mashed me.  i hopped on the
gas before the offramp ended and brought it up to 180km/h pretty quick, at
which time my car started to begin its extremely long journey up to
205km/h.  well, no sooner had i hit 190 that the VR6 passed me at at least
230.  no joke.  he passed me stoopid fast.

	apparently his top end is 247km/h.  i believe the accuracy cuz
when i had my scirocco, my top end was 212km/h, measured ever-so-carefully
with about 5km of empty road.

	i mentioned something about kerry's car, and this guy mentioned
that he and kerry either have a minor contest between themselves, or he
just has a goal to have the better scirocco6.  sounds like a clash o' the
titans to me. ;)

	i'm going to bed...4:30 on the dot and i'm working later...ouch

jason
the mad bastard

- --