Re: Ford Capri & LOL

John Ryland wrote:

> Also: Do any other Scirocco lovers out there think (as I do) that old (70s)
> Ford Capris are pretty damn cool??? Not the Mercury Capri/Mustang genericar.
> If you don't know what they look like, do a search for Ford Capri or Mark I
> Capri (not Capris). There's one site in particular that has some cool
> project cars on it. If you like Rocs, I think you'll dig these cars.

One of my buddies in high school was presented with a brand new '73 Capri
2.8 V6 as a birthday present when he turned 16.  He proceeded to lower it, put
big spoilers on it front and rear, and some other cosmetic stuff.  He drove
the shit out of it, and by 10k miles he'd completely munched his tranny.  The
dealer wound up repairing it under warranty, but was NOT happy about it and
had to be threatened into doing so.

Anyways the thing was a mechanical nightmare, he had NOTHING but problems with
it, and as I recall from the period so did everybody else I ever heard about
with one.  Fast car for its day, fun to drive, but a mechanical turd.

- --
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA
'86.5 Scirocco 16V 2.0