re: voltmeter

> How on earth can you get 13.8 to 14 volts outta your alternator?!?!  That
> is, of course, exactly what it should be, but I haven't heard of many of
> our vee dubs that are putting out more than 13.3 volts.  Mine never have (3
> different ones!).  Oh well.  Must be nice.

     Well, right after I start the car and before the fan first comes on
for the day, I hit 14 volts after about 4 or 5 minutes of driving.  Once
it kicks in I sit around 13.8 to 13.9 for most city driving.  I have a
normal 14 volt regulator.  I guess I have good wiring, or at least beefed
up wiring I should say, and a good alternator.  If you alt puts out so
little, perhaps try replacing the regulator.

 Andre'
 Neon Green 79

- --